What are the UI Diversity Catalyst Awards?
Sponsored by the Chief Diversity Office and the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, the Diversity Catalyst Awards are designed to honor faculty or staff members, programs or departments, and students or student organizations engaged in diversity initiatives during the previous academic year that have promoted the development of an inclusive, diverse campus community at the University of Iowa.
What are the criteria for nomination?
- The nominee has developed or implemented an innovative program, policy, or activity to enhance diversity within the university; and/or
- The nominee's contributions are distinctive and have a positive effect on building respect for diversity within the university community;
- The nominee has gone above and beyond his/her job responsibilities
- A nominee who exemplifies characteristics that are innovative should:
- be creative and unique;
- introduce something new to the campus;
- approach their task with a new perspective that results in new outcomes.
- A nominee who exemplifies the characteristics of distinctiveness should:
- be readily distinguishable in nature and quality from others;
- exhibit excellence in process and outcome.
- A nominee who has enhanced diversity within the university and/or has a positive effect on building respect for diversity within the university community should:
- identify issues of importance to the creation of a diverse, inclusive university community as envisioned in the UI Human Rights Policy;
- have the potential to effect or implement long-standing change, rather than a one-time event;
- enhance the University of Iowa's diversity goals as stated in the university's strategic plan, Renewing The Iowa Promise: "Great Opportunities - Bold Expectations."
What is the nomination process?
- Nominators are requested to fill out an online nomination form and encouraged to submit up to two letters of support to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A campus-wide committee of peers will determine the winners.
When are nominations due?
Nominations for the upcoming Diversity Catalyst Awards were due: January 31, 2014.
When will winners receive their awards?
15th Annual Diversity Catalyst Award Reception
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Iowa Memorial Union
2nd Floor Ballroom
125 N Madison Street
Iowa City, IA 52242