Alliant Energy/Erroll B. Davis, Jr. Achievement Award
This award was created by Alliant Energy to honor Erroll B. Davis, Jr. and his nearly 30 years of service to the utility industry and to honor and recognize the importance of scholarship and leadership by underrepresented minority students in the state of Iowa.
The Alliant Energy/Erroll B. Davis, Jr. Achievement Award recognizes academic achievement from rising Seniors in business or engineering, leadership in campus and community organizations, and potential for future career success.
Students selected may receive a scholarship of up to $5,000. Amounts may vary from year to year based on the performance of the endowment fund. Scholarships will be granted to the recipients in accordance with the standard requirements set forth by the Office of Student Financial Aid at their applicable Regent Institution. Students receiving financial aid may see adjustments to their final scholarship amount.
To be considered for an Alliant Energy/Erroll B. Davis Jr. Achievement Award, a student must:
- currently be enrolled as an undergraduate at an eligible institution;
- be scheduled to receive a degree in the 2017-18 academic year or 2018 summer term;
- be a member of one of the following underrepresented groups: African American, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian, Asian, Pacific Islander, or East Indian, or from a racial or ethnic group traditionally underrepresented in the fields of business or engineering;
- be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien; and
- receive two letters of support from faculty members or advisors from your Regent university.