Diversity Catalyst Awards
Sponsored by the Chief Diversity Office and the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, the Diversity Catalyst Awards are designed to honor faculty or staff members, programs or departments, and students or student organizations engaged in diversity initiatives during the previous academic year that have promoted the development of an inclusive, diverse campus community at the University of Iowa.
- The nominee has developed or implemented an innovative program, policy, or activity to enhance diversity within the university; and/or
- The nominee's contributions are distinctive and have a positive effect on building respect for diversity within the university community;
- The nominee has gone above and beyond his/her job responsibilities
- A nominee who exemplifies characteristics that are innovative should:
- be creative and unique;
- introduce something new to the campus;
- approach their task with a new perspective that results in new outcomes.
- A nominee who exemplifies the characteristics of distinctiveness should:
- be readily distinguishable in nature and quality from others;
- exhibit excellence in process and outcome.
- A nominee who has enhanced diversity within the university and/or has a positive effect on building respect for diversity within the university community should:
- identify issues of importance to the creation of a diverse, inclusive university community as envisioned in the UI Human Rights Policy;
- have the potential to effect or implement long-standing change, rather than a one-time event;
- enhance the University of Iowa's diversity goals as stated in the university's strategic plan, Renewing The Iowa Promise: "Great Opportunities - Bold Expectations."