The Robert D. Dockendorff Scholarship
The Robert D. Dockendorff Scholarship is to be used to support one or more annual scholarships for University of Iowa students with preference given to underrepresented minority undergraduate students (African American, Latino/a, or American Indian heritage) who are active in the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender community, who contribute to the diversity of the University campus, and who demonstrate financial need. One or more awards may be granted for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Students who are active participants in the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender community.
- Students who contribute to the diversity of the University of Iowa campus.
- Students who demonstrate financial need.
- Students must be in good academic standing (have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale).
- Both undergraduate and graduate students may apply; however, preference will be given to undergraduates.
- All student who meet the above criteria may apply; however, preference will be given to underrepresented minority undergraduate students (African-American, Latino/a, or American Indian heritage).
How to Apply
- Complete and sign the application form available online at http://lgbtqsf.org.uiowa.edu/. This form is also your release of information authorizing the Office of Student Financial Aid to give the committee the required financial need information.
- Write an essay no longer than 1,000 words, typed, double-spaced on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper or electronically, telling us about your participation in the LGBT community; your contribution to the diversity of The University of Iowa campus; and your educational and career goals.
- Attach your most recent financial aid award notification, printable from MyUI.
- Attach a copy of your grade report, printable from MyUI.