Quarterly Sexual Harassment Prevention Education (SHPE) Deadline is Approaching- Sept. 30, 2015 (September 14, 2015)
Our next quarterly SHPE deadline is Wednesday, September 30, 2015. To assist the university in reaching 100% compliance by the quarterly deadline, please strongly encourage your faculty and staff who are due to complete an approved SHPE course this quarter to do so ASAP and no later than Wed., Sept. 30, 2015. While we are currently at 97.2% compliance campus-wide, we still have over 450 individuals remaining who need to complete an approved SHPE course before the quarterly deadline of Sept. 30, 2015.
Data upload schedule- SHPE online courses during the month of September:
Weekly SHPE uploads will be sent to IM-HR each Monday morning on:
9/1, 9/8, 9/14, 9/21, 9/28
+ extra uploads will be sent on:
Wed. 9/16, Wed, 9/23, Fri. 9/25, Tue. 9/29, Wed. 9/30 and Thur. 10/1.
To review the most current data on SHPE completions, please run your compliance reports after 12:00PM on the dates listed above.
Due to some problems we were experiencing earlier in the month, we recommend that you re-run your SH Training Due This Quarter report weekly to obtain the most current list of employees who are due to complete an approved course this quarter. The errors have been corrected and the report should run correctly now.
Detailed information is available on EOD’s website at: http://diversity.uiowa.edu/programs/sexual-harassment-prevention-education. Please ensure your reminders to faculty and staff utilize this link to the SHPE resource page.
- Requests for an SHPE exemption for the 1st quarter of FY 2016 must be sent to EOD by a senior HR leadership representative no later than Wed., Sept. 23. Exemptions requests may be considered for persons on an extended leave (e.g., persons on extended FMLA, military leave, or unpaid leave).
- Please direct your employees to sign up for an online or instructor-led course through Self Service. Instructions on how to sign up/complete one of the approved SHPE courses is available on EOD’s website at: http://diversity.uiowa.edu/programs/sexual-harassment-prevention-education
- The online SHPE course does not generate a certificate of completion. Most employees receive an email upon completion of the online SHPE course. This preliminary confirmation of online course completion email comes from firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to how their email accounts are set up, and the spam filters they may have in place, the preliminary confirmation email for some employees may be sent to their “Junk” mail folder instead of their “Inbox” folder.
- You can verify if the online course completion has loaded for an employee by running one of the following reports:
- Brightline, Clarity & Skillsoft by Employee or
- SH Training Due this Quarter
Thank you as always for your assistance in meeting the 100% SHPE compliance deadline by the end of the quarter. Please send your questions or concerns to me via email (email@example.com).