Registration ends after April 25, 2014 for the new course: Listing Temporary/Other Positions (April 18, 2014)
If you have been meaning to sign up for one of the new courses offered by EOD (Listing Temporary/ Other Positions) please do so by Fri., April 25, 2014. Classes are offered at east and west campus locations during the months of April and May. The course explains the new process for creating the new job postings for temporary and other positions and covers the exceptions and exclusions to the VEVRAA job posting requirements.
Signup is available through L&D’s site in Self Service under the course name: Listing Temp/Other Positions (course # 718). Sessions that don’t reach the minimum enrollment of ten persons will be canceled after April 25.
The course covers:
- Revised regulations for Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Vietnam-era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA)
- Implications of the regulations on UI recruitment policies and practices
- New process to list temporary/other positions in Jobs@UIOWA
- When to conduct standard (10 business day) searches and when departments must “list” job vacancies for a minimum of three full calendar days
- UI’s revised “EEO tagline” and its use in external advertisements
- Record-keeping requirements
- Unique circumstances and how to address them
Feel free to forward this message to others in your department who may find the course beneficial. This message will also be sent to the HR Contacts and the Faculty HR Representatives.