Coaching is a structured, non-judgmental, motivational resource that allows individuals to work one-on-one with a trained Diversity Resources member to set personal goals, synthesize training information, and problem-solve specific issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Participants will be able to have up to three 45-minute sessions. Anyone currently enrolled in the BUILD certificate program is able to access the coaching program. If you are new to BUILD, or are considering participating, we encourage completing the program with a coach by your side!
Inquiries about the program or to get connected to a coach, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail).
Meet Ups are a quarterly opportunity for BUILD certificate recipients to continue conversations, share learning, and engage in collective problem-solving with other BUILD certificate recipients. Sessions are designed to address real-time issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in your workplaces, home, or in nation. This structure allows for each session to connect to the specific needs or questions of the participants.
- September 19, 2019, 11am-12pm, 2766 University Capitol Centre (inside the 2750 UCC suite)
- October 28, 2019, 11am-12pm, 2766 University Capitol Centre (inside the 2750 UCC suite)
- February 26, 2020, 11am-12pm, 2766 University Capitol Centre (inside the 2750 UCC suite)
- March 31, 2020, 11am-12pm, 2766 University Capitol Centre (inside the 2750 UCC suite)
The Passport allows faculty and staff to gain course credit by pursuing diversity, equity, inclusion activities on their own time. The Passport is also a great opportunity to continue learning once you have completed the certificate program. Start today!
How does the Passport work?
- Participate in diversity-focused activities.
- Track your participation and complete all fields for each in the BUILD Passport Tracking Form.
- Submit your passport after completing each level.
- Receive your BUILD Passport medallion via campus mail.
- Add it to the BUILD placard you received at the core course. (Placards can also be picked up at 2750 UCC, by appointment only.)
Which activities qualify and which do not?
All activities connected to diversity and inclusion, social justice, and/or human rights will be considered with the following limitations:
- BUILD courses or other individual courses within a series or certificate program do not qualify.
- However, completing the series or certificate would qualify as one activity.
- Activities prior to August 1, 2017 will not be considered, however, all activities afterward apply. There is no time limit to finishing each level of your Passport.
Here are some ideas of things you can do to receive credit towards your Passport medallions:
- Attend or organize a diversity-related event such as a celebration, rally, or town hall meeting
- Become a Campus Conversation Partner
- Read a social justice-themed book
- Take implicit association tests online
- Visit a religious service different than your own
- Visit museums, multicultural houses, etc. based on heritage different than your own
- Become a facilitator for BUILD
- Volunteer for a program supporting people in need, people with disabilities, LGBTQ Youth, people of color, etc.
- Incorporate diversity-related discussions into staff meetings, classroom curriculum, and professional development plans
- Become a mentor for underrepresented students on campus
- Join an advocacy group
- Help fund or fundraise for an event, program, or organization dedicated to equity and inclusion