Complaint Investigations Unit
The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity supports the university by providing all members of the community with expert advice, education, and services which ensure the university’s compliance with all applicable federal, state, and university equal opportunity, affirmative action, nondiscrimination, and civil rights laws, regulations, and policies.
As part of the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, the Complaint Investigations Unit is responsible for providing education and training to the campus community and serving as a neutral investigator for alleged university policy violations. The unit works with faculty, staff, and students who believe they may have been subjected to prohibited harassment, discrimination, unfair or inequitable treatment in violation of the University's policies and also provides guidance to University administrators working to resolve concerns in their designated work areas.
Report of Informal Complaint Forms (for academic or administrator officer use only)
- Report of Informal Anti-Harassment Complaint
- Report of Informal Sexual Harassment Complaint
- The report of informal sexual harassment complaint form is only for complaints received through August 13, 2020. For incidents reported after that date, refer to the Interim Policy on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct and the Interim Procedure for Alleged Violations of the Policy on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct
- Report of Informal Violence Complaint
The Complaint Investigations Unit provides services related to the following policies:
- Human Rights
- Consensual Relationships Involving Students
- Sexual Harassment
- Discrimination Complaint Procedures
To file an anonymous complaint related to a financial crime or misconduct, please see Ethics Point (link is external).
If you are currently in a situation where immediate medical, police or other emergency services are needed, call 911 or the UI Police (for on campus issues) at 319-335-5022 or your local law enforcement agency (for off campus issues).