Engaging Across Cultures: Employment
This session will help guide graduate and professional students to map out their career path after graduation. Facilitators will help tackle some concerns international graduate students might have regarding employment in the United States. Facilitators will assist participants to discover potential career interests and prepare for future employment.
Participants are invited to bring their lunch to the session.
Participants who attend this session will learn:
- skills to navigate cultural expectations in the job search process
- strategies to utilize in the professional context outside the University of Iowa
- skills to prepare for applying for a job and prioritizing materials in job application
- job interview strategies and techniques
- strategies to effectively negotiate and communicate with potential employers
- visa requirements and how to plan for applying for a different visa status
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Brandon Paulson in advance at 319-335-0335.