As a faculty or staff member of the University of Iowa, you can get involved with DEI in many ways. In accordance with the University of Iowa's Strategic Plan, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is the work of everyone on campus, not just a select few. Please Contact Us for ideas or help if you are not sure how you can have an impact on DEI work here on our campus.
In addition to the below in-person ways to be involved, we suggest:
- Speaking with your HR Unit Rep or DEO to identify DEI committee needs in your unit of department
- Working through our suggested books or readings on DEI
- Attending group meet ups or individual coaching sessions with our Diversity Resources Team
- Making sure your course materials, websites, and other media are fully accessible for those using assistive technology
- Do an audit of your physical space to see how accessible it is