Dec. 31, 2018 Quarterly Harassment Prevention Education Deadline is Approaching
Dec. 31, 2018 Quarterly Harassment Prevention Education
Deadline is Approaching
Thank you for assisting your faculty and staff who are due to complete their harassment prevention (HP) education course this quarter. Due to your efforts, we are now down to c. 723 individuals who are due to complete an approved HP course before the quarterly deadline of Dec. 31, 2018.
Given the upcoming semester break, we recommend you send early reminders to the faculty and teaching assistants on your compliance report so they may complete their required course prior to the end of the semester. Given the large number of employees who will be due before the end of this quarter, it helps to remind them early.
Please run the Compliance & Qualifications (CQ) report, Harassment Prevention Compliance Individual Deadlines within the Quarter, for your unit and strongly encourage identified employees to complete an approved course ASAP and no later than Fri., Dec. 28.
Online course completions are automatically uploaded nightly, typically after 10:00 PM each university business day. Online course completions are visible in CQ the following day.
- Enrollment in either course is available from the Compliance & Qualifications website. Additional instructions are available on EOD’s harassment prevention website.
- Approved courses:
Employees may select one of the following online or instructor-led courses:
a. Harassment Prevention and Response- for Non-Academic Administrative Officers / Non-Supervisors OR
- Harassment Prevention and Response- for Academic Administrative Officers / Supervisors
c. Overview of Harassment Prevention (Course #527). This course is available to all employees regardless of their status as an academic/administrative officer or supervisor. Sessions under course #527 are held on the east side of campus.
d. For UI Health Care employees- Instructor-led sessions (Overview of Harassment Prevention (Course #OVRHAR) are available on the UI Health Care campus. Employees should visit MyTraining (directions below) to register. Due to the space capacity of each room, employees are asked to register in advanced and not just show up. Employees may be turned away if they are not on the registration list. Employees are strongly encouraged to arrive early or on time. If they arrive late, they may be turned away due to the compliance requirements.
1. Using your HawkID and password, login to Employee Self Service.
2. Select the Personal tab and choose My Training under the Learning and Development section.
3. Select the Enroll in Courses link near the top left of the page.
4. Type OVRHAR - in the search box, view location and time by clicking View Details to the right of the course title.
5. Click Enroll in Session to complete your enrollment.
- The online HP course does not generate a certificate of completion.
- HR unit representatives may verify whether an employee’s online course completion has been uploaded and refreshed in CQ by running one of the following reports:
- Harassment Prevention Compliance Due this Quarter (in CQ)
- Training Activity by Employee (In Self Service, HR Reports, Training Reports).
5. Please have your Senior HR representative (or associate dean for faculty) send any HP extension requests to EOD no later than Wed., Dec. 19. HP extension requests may be considered for employees on an extended leave (e.g., extended military, FMLA, or unpaid leave).
Please contact EOD via email with any questions/concerns (email@example.com). Thank you as always for your continued support and assistance.