Help the University of Iowa provide equal employment opportunities and meet federal reporting requirements for people with disabilities and our veterans.
Note: This note is 331 words and will take just over a minute to read.
📣 What we are asking:
- Please update your confidential employee records to:
- Indicate if you currently have or have ever had a disability.
- Indicate if you are a veteran of the U.S. military.
👉 Why it matters:
- This data helps us respond to federal reporting requirements, measure UI’s population of employees with disabilities and veterans, and provide appropriate levels of programming and support.
- Campus is working hard to ensure equal employment opportunities for people with disabilities and veterans.
💡Things to keep in mind:
- Your submission of this information is voluntary.
- Your information is kept confidential.
- We do not identify individuals in reporting.
- Information may be used in accordance with federal laws, executive orders, and regulations. This includes summarized information and reporting to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
✅ Four easy steps to update your information:
- Click here to login to Employee Self-Service using your HawkID and password.
- Go to My Self-Service.
- Under Personal Information, select Demographics.
- Click the button at the bottom of the page to change your information, following the instructions provided on the screen.
For assistance logging into Self-Service:
- Iowa domain, contact the Information Technology Services Help Desk at 384-HELP (4357) or email@example.com
- Healthcare domain, contact the Health Care Information Systems Help Desk at 356-0001 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you prefer to complete a paper Employee Demographics Form, please send your request to OIE-UI@uiowa.edu.
❓So, I have questions:
- Jennifer Modestou and the staff in the Office of Institutional Equity (OIE) are happy to help! Click here for their email, send them a message in campus mail (OIE, 202 JH), or call them at 319-335-0705.
Thanks for your help!
Liz Tovar, executive officer and associate vice president, Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Jennifer Modestou, director of equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and compliance, Office of Institutional Equity