Chief Diversity Office
We provide services and resources for underrepresented faculty, staff, and students; persons with disabilities; lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender persons; persons of disadvantaged socioeconomic status; and nontraditional, first-generation, and international students. Your support and input are critical to our efforts, and we welcome your ideas for creating a campus where all feel welcome.
- Interim Associate Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and Vice President for Student Life
At the UI, we achieve Excellence through Diversity.
The University of Iowa’s status as a premier research university depends on the robust exchange of ideas. The diversity of our students, faculty, and staff helps us fulfill our mission to explore, discover, create, and engage. Thus, we are committed to supporting every Hawkeye’s pursuit of excellence. As we enhance the breadth and depth of our perspectives, we purposefully prepare for our future. Our ability to foster an equitable environment for all who join the UI family will determine our collective success. We eagerly accept this challenge.
Within the Chief Diversity Office, the Diversity Resources Team provides consultation, resource, and skill-building opportunities for University of Iowa faculty, staff, students and guests in order to foster an inclusive, respectful and equitable university community.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity (EOD) implements diversity policies at the University of Iowa and supports the university’s compliance with federal/state laws and regulations and university policies prohibiting discrimination, harassment, retaliation and sexual harassment by or towards any UI community member.
The Center for Diversity and Enrichment (CDE) provides precollege students development assistance with facilitating the enrollment process and provides programs and activities that support the ability of underrepresented student to increase their skills to thrive and succeed at the University of Iowa.
- Within CDE, the Military and Veteran Student Services provides a resource for utilizing the talents, leadership ability and volunteer power of our veteran and military-affiliated community.
- CDE also administers the federally funded TRIO Student Support Services and Upward Bound programs.
- TRIO SSS assists in developing and enhancing student academic skills, connects them to resources on campus and in the community and provides programming, tutoring and a safe space to develop relationships for low-income and first-generation students and/or students with disabilities.
- TRIO Upward Bound helps first-generation and low-income high school students prepare for college and understand the college-going process.