Post-Election Activities at UI
This year’s presidential election has been one of the most divisive in history. The negative tenor of endless television ads, social media posts, and the election itself have impacted many, regardless of political preference.
We are committed to supporting our students, staff, and faculty by providing spaces to come together for contemplation and brave conversations where civility, listening, and respect are the norm. Now is the time for our community to reaffirm our value of diversity and inclusion. Our diversity—in identity, ideas, and perspectives—is what makes us strong.
Below is a list of connection and conversation spaces as well as a list of resources. Please check back as more events and resources become available.
Dr. Georgina Dodge
Chief Diversity Officer and Associate Vice President
Title IX Coordinator
Opportunities to gather:
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact the event organizer in advance.
To Be Announced.
If you have opportunities you would like included, please email email@example.com and reference this page.
UI Non-Confidential Resources
- Report a concern (online form or 319-335-0705)
- Campus Inclusion Team (319-335-1162 or 319-335-3555)
- Student Care and Assistance (319-335-1162)
- Threat Assessment Team (319-384-2955)
- Center for Diversity and Enrichment (319-335-3555)
- Office for Graduate Inclusion (319-335-2147)
- Sexual Misconduct Response Coordinator (319-335-6200)
- Department of Public Safety (Emergency Dial 911; non-Emergency 319-335-5022)
- More information
UI Confidential Resources
- University Counseling Services (319-335-7294) - for students
- Faculty and Staff Services - Employee Assistance Program (319-335-2085) - for faculty and staff
- Women’s Resource and Action Center (319-335-1486)
- Office of the Ombudsperson (319-335-3608)
- Rape Victim Advocacy Program (RVAP) (319-335-6000)
- Domestic Violence Intervention Program (DVIP) (800-373-1043)
- More information
Other UI Resources
- Iowa City Police (319-356-5275)
- Coralville Police (319-248-1800)
- Johnson County Sheriff (319-356-6020)
- North Liberty Police (319-626-5724)
- Iowa City Human Rights Commission (319-356-5022), (TDD: 319-356-5493)
- Message to International Students, from Maureen Burke, director of English as a Second Language Programs and Iowa Intensive English Program, and Lee Seedorff, senior associate director of International Student and Scholar Services
- Letter to the Obermann Community, from Teresa Mangum, professor of the department of Gender, Women’s, and Sexuality Studies and Director of the Obermann Center for Advanced Studies
- Message to the Campus Community, from President Bruce Harreld and Executive Vice President and Provost P. Barry Butler