This one-credit skills-based class is designed to combine Cultural Intelligence (CQ) and the National Coalition Building Institute (NCBI) training for employers and students interested in becoming more culturally intelligent leaders.
Part 1: Cultural Intelligence for the Global Workplace
Tuesday, February 23, 3:30pm-6:00pm
- Explore universal leadership attributes and cultural values orientations connected to various cultures.
- Review their Cultural Intelligence Assessment, discuss the over-arching principles of Cultural Intelligence (CQ), and learn about CQ Drive and CQ Knowledge.
Part 2: NCBI Training (8 hour session)
Saturday, February 27, 9:00am-4:30pm
- Engage in an all-day, highly interactive training based on social and emotional learning to begin self-reflection and sharing.
- Discuss messages everyone internalizes about one's own and others' groups, correct misinformation in caucus sessions, learn through personal stories, and begin practicing how to respond to hurtful jokes, comments, and slurs.
Part 3: Developing Your Cultural Intelligence
Tuesday, March 1, 3:30pm-6:00pm
- Discuss and debrief about how to synthesize their experiences from prior sessions to identify areas for possible growth.
- Learn about CQ Strategy and CQ Action to understand working with others cross-culturally.
- Create goals and an action plan to enhance their 4 Capabilities of CQ.
Part 4: Employer Panel and Networking Event
Tuesday, March 8, 3:30pm-6:00pm
- Attend an exclusive networking event with local employers.
- Learn from Employer Panel about their "real world" experiences with diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and the skills and knowledge they see as essential for culturally intelligent leaders and future employees.