Become a Mentor!
Not accepting new mentors at this time. For questions or concern email Dominique Brooks.
Hawks & Eyas (formerly known as the CDE Peer Mentoring Program) is a collaborative effort between CDE and the Division of Student Life. The program allows current CDE students to help other CDE students find community, navigate academic and transitional difficulties, and develop as leaders. Qualifications for mentors are:
- Have completed at least one full academic year at the University of Iowa
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Prepare for and attend a program orientation/training during the summer following appointment
- Regularly participate in the program by: staying in consistent contact with your mentees and program staff, and actively participate in Hawks & Eyas events and meetings
- Be available for questions, advice, and just hanging out
- Be a positive role model and engage with your mentee and all program participants in a fun and safe manner!