Become a Mentor!
Not accepting new mentors at this time.
For inquiries please contact:
Carlos D. Nelson
Center for Diversity and Enrichment
24 Phillips Hall
Prospective mentors must:
- Have completed at least one full academic year at the University of Iowa
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Prepare for and attend a program orientation/training during the summer following appointment
- Regularly participate in the program by: staying in consistent contact with your mentees and program staff, and actively participate in Hawks & Eyas events and meetings
- Be available for questions, advice, and just hanging out
- Be a positive role model and engage with your mentee and all program participants in a fun and safe manner!