- To engage students in the academic process while promoting awareness and learning of one’s history, culture, and language;
- To recognize the diversity of cultures, experiences and backgrounds students and their families bring to the educational setting;
- To develop a sense of belonging and level of comfort within a rigorous academic environment within higher education settings;
- To empower students to take control of their academic development;
- To develop students’ strengths, values, and skills; and,
- To enhance each student’s sense of pride as a young leader and scholar.
*Earn up to 5 elective credits towards your high school transcript upon successful completion of the program.
**Transportation assistance available for accepted students; you must specify this need in your application or email SEI Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15th.