The Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DDEI) provides funding assistance to members of the University of Iowa community to assist with DEI initiatives, programs, projects, or events that clearly benefit the University of Iowa. Funding is available to academic units, administrative units, and student organizations, among others. Examples of funding requests include one-time event support, programming, research, and professional development. Any funding provided must comply with University policies and procedures.
Submission deadlines are as follows:
- 2022 Spring semester deadline: February 28, 2023
- 2022 Summer deadline: April 30, 2023
Following each deadline, a review process will occur. Please allow up to 30 days from receipt of application to receive news of funding requests.
The funding request process is intended to provide a clearly defined process to request funding for programs, projects, or other events that clearly benefit the University.
Essential elements of all submissions include:
- Completion of our online funding request form
- Intentional partnership with a representative of the Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and its reporting units (Whom in our offices will you partner with and how?)
- Collaboration with other UI groups or individuals
- Description of the event Academic component demonstrating educational impact
- Intended audience
- How the success of the program will be evaluated
- How funding received from the Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will be used
- Other identifiable funding sources, including amounts, being sought
- A detailed budget for the entire project
Note: Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion funding may not be used to support conference travel or activities that do not have the potential to serve a substantial number of members of the university community.
The Executive Officer and Associate Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and selected advisory members will review the requests. Following each deadline, a review process will occur. Please allow up to 30 days from receipt of application to receive news of funding requests.
All funded requests must complete and submit a final report, no later than 30 days after the end of the event. No funds will be transferred until the final report is received.
The funding request must be completed in its entirety. Please contact Alex Brannaman at 335-1124 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
All information (essential elements) listed in the funding request process must be included in your initial application and in your final report. Final reports are due within 30 days of completion of your event and must be submitted before funding will be released.
Please send both your supporting documentation for your initial application and your final report to Alex Brannaman (email@example.com).