Mandatory Reporting Requirements for 
Academic and Administrative Officers (AAOs)

Under the UI Policy on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct

(revised August 2021)

 All academic or administrative officers (AAOs) are mandated reporters who are required to report actual or suspected sexual harassment (including sexual assault, stalking, and dating and domestic violence), sexual misconduct, or related retaliation to the Title IX and Gender Equity Unit (formerly the Office of the Sexual Misconduct Response Coordinator):

  1. Inform the complainant or third-party reporter of the options available under this policy (i.e., support measures, formal complaint, adaptable resolution) and that certified victim advocacy services are available from the Rape Victim Advocacy Program or the Domestic Violence Intervention Program; and,
  2. Provide notice of the allegations to the Title IX and Gender Equity Unit within 2 business days; and
  3. When the alleged prohibited conduct occurs in the context of the respondent’s employment, provide notice of the allegations to the Senior Human Resources Leadership Representative or Associate Dean for Faculty of the unit in which the alleged conduct occurred or, when incidents do not occur within a unit, notify the Senior Human Resources Leadership Representative or Associate Dean for Faculty of the respondent.

Contact Information:

Title IX and Gender Equity unit (TIXGE):

Rape Victim Advocacy Program (RVAP):

Domestic Violence Intervention Program:

Senior HR Leadership Representative: 

Confidential Resources: 

Rape Victim Advocacy Program (RVAP):

Office of the Ombudsperson:

Employee Assistance Program (for employees):

University Counseling Service (for students):

Women’s Resources and Action Center (WRAC):

Domestic Violence Intervention Program (DVIP):

Community Confidential Resources:

Monsoon Asian and Pacific Islanders in Solidarity:

Nissa African Family Services:

CommUnity Crisis Services: 

Policy Links:

Additional Campus Resources (non-confidential):

Threat Assessment Program:                                           

Office of the Dean of Students:

UI Police Department: 

Office of the Provost:

Information prepared by the Office of Institutional Equity and the Office of the Provost