IN CASE OF EMERGENCY (I.E.SEXUAL ASSAULT OR OTHER TYPES OF HARASSMENT), CONTACT 24-HOUR RAPE CRISIS LINE (319) 335-6000 OR DIAL 911
The equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and compliance unit implement diversity policies at the University of Iowa and supports the university’s compliance with federal/state laws and regulations and university policies employment opportunity, affirmative action, and its compliance
We serve as a resource to support the university's compliance with federal/state laws and regulations and university policies prohibiting discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and sexual harassment by or towards any UI community member.
Equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and compliance director
The equity investigations and ADA compliance unit implement diversity policies at the University of Iowa and support the university’s compliance with federal/state laws and regulations and university policies prohibiting discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and ADA compliance by or towards any UI community member.
We serve as a resource to support the university's compliance with federal/state laws and regulations and university policies prohibiting discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and ADA compliance by or towards any UI community member.
Rape Victim Advocacy Program (RVAP): 24 hr hotline: (319) 335-6000
- Our mission is to provide free, confidential, trauma-informed advocacy to people affected by sexual violence and promote social change through prevention education.
Office of the Ombudsperson: (319) 335-3608
- The Office of the Ombudsperson is a resource for any member of the university community -- including students, faculty, staff, postdocs, residents and fellow-- with a problem or concern. We provide informal conflict resolution, mediation services and advocacy for fair treatment and fair process.
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a unit of Health and Productivity, provides integrated services to faculty, staff, and their family members to promote emotional well-being and to increase engagement and productivity among members of our UI community.
University Counseling Service (for students): (319) 335-7294
- Supporting mental well-being and helping students succeed at Iowa
Women’s Resources and Action Center (WRAC): (319) 335-1486
- WRAC works to create greater equity for individuals and communities of all identities, with a particular focus on women, through activism, social justice initiatives, leadership training, advocacy, service, and personal and professional development.
Domestic Violence Intervention Program (DVIP): (319) 351-1042 24 hour hotline: (800) 373-1043
- DVIP provides services to victim/survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, stalking and human trafficking
Monsoon Asians and Pacific Islanders in Solidarity (319) 538-5207
- Monsoon Asians & Pacific Islanders in Solidarity (formerly Monsoon United Asian Women of Iowa) serves victims/survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking in Asian and Pacific Islander (API) communities in Iowa.
Nisaa African Family Services (319) 338-7617
- Nisaa African Family Service’s mission is to end domestic violence and sexual assault in African Immigrants and Refugee communities by promoting social, economic and political self-determination of all women; it seeks to build healthy communities through transformative justice and social change.
Transformative Healing (319) 389-8430
- A safe space for LGBTQIA survivors of sexual violence
CommUnity Crisis Services (855) 325-4296
CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank is a volunteer-driven organization based in Iowa City, IA that provides immediate and non-judgmental support for individuals facing emotional, food, or financial crisis.
In April 2021, the University of Iowa announced it was forming a new Office of Institutional Equity (OIE) under the Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DDEI) to streamline the process of reporting bias, harassment, discrimination, equity, free speech, and sexual misconduct concerns.
Effective July 1, 2021, the Office of Sexual Misconduct Response Coordinator (OSMRC), the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity (EOD), and two investigators of the Office of Student Accountability (OSA) related to Title IX complaints merged to become the OIE. Working together, the three units will provide a centralized complaint investigative team, a coordinated intake and record-keeping process, and improved response times to investigations.
The Office of Institutional Equity supports a campus environment where each individual's ideas, contributions, and goals are respected and valued
Office of Student Accountability (319) 335-1162
- The Office of Student Accountability is dedicated to encouraging responsible community behavior, educating UI students, and facilitating accountability in situations where violations of the Code of Student Life have occurred.
Threat Assessment Team (319) 384-2955
- Threat Assessment Program partners are dedicated to the early identification, assessment, and management of incidents and behaviors that threaten the safety and well-being of the university community.
Campus Inclusion Team (319) 335-1162
CIT provides support & resources to any student with a concern about diversity, equity and inclusion