As DEI work continues across campus, these five strategies help address improvement areas revealed in campus climate survey
BY: OFFICE OF STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION | 2021.01.25 | 09:59 AM
In order to continue improving diversity, equity, and inclusion across campus and address specific areas outlined in the 2020 Campus Climate Survey results released earlier this week, the University of Iowa will implement five new initiatives. They include:
- Increased engagement between the Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and faculty, staff, students, alumni, and the community;
- Mandatory DEI training for all senior-level administrators;
- Naming two DEI faculty fellows who will spend the next year focusing on strategies to support faculty DEI, with the work guided by the DEI strategic plan and the results of the recently completed Campus Climate Survey;
- $500,000 from the Office of the Provost Investment Fund allocated to DEI initiatives during 2021; and
- Diversity Catalyst Seed Grant funding.